When selling to UK consumers, all travel businesses are required to comply with the package travel regulations. As a result, all tour operators and travel agents are legally required to provide consumer protection.
Mount Pleasant (IOW) Ltd trading as IOW Tours is a company committed to customer satisfaction and consumer financial protection. We are therefore pleased to announce that, at no extra cost to you, and in accordance with “The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations 2018” passengers booking with Mount Pleasant (IOW) Ltd are fully insured for the initial deposit, and the balance of monies paid, due to the Trust Account we have in place through our membership (No.5722) with Protected Trust Services.
At IOW Tours, we are proud to be a member of Protected Trust Services (PTS)
- PTS offers all member companies a Trust Account and insurance model which ensures all consumer money is fully protected.
- PTS members are fully Package Travel Regulation compliant.
- All consumers can check the PTS membership of a company prior to booking. Simply contact PTS directly for peace of mind.
- If a customer has any concerns about the allocation of their monies and the holiday supplied by us as a PTS member, you can contact PTS directly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0207 190 9988 quoting our membership number 5722.
- PTS is FCA registered to ensure trust and confidence when booking with any PTS member.
What Types of Holiday & our Services are and aren’t Protected?
- Package Holidays – both with flight and without. This means if you have coach travel included in your holiday as part of the main package. If with flight then ATOL will protect the package and without flight, we will comply with Package Travel & Linked Travel Arrangement Regulations.
- Linked Travel Arrangements – Linked Travel Arrangements (LTAs) are travel combinations that have looser commercial connections than that of a package. An LTA is where the consumer purchases a minimum of two different types of Travel Services (with different travel providers) and which does not therefore fall under the definition of a package. An LTA is formed where the travel organiser facilitates:
- The separate selection and payment of each Travel Service; or
- In a targeted manner, the purchase of at least one additional Travel Service from another travel organiser and that Travel Service is purchased within 24 hours.
The types that are NOT protected are as follows:
- Individually booked elements (just accommodation, just transport etc.)
- Packages under 24 hours in duration
- Package Holidays offered on a not-for-profit basis for a limited group
- Packages booked as a business trip
At Mount Pleasant (IOW) Ltd if your package is not covered by the Package Travel Regulations (most event weekends are not covered), then we hold your money in a separate Client Account with Lloyds Bank and will only use your money to pay for your travel arrangements. This is additional protection above what is required – Mount Pleasant (IOW) Ltd is proud to do this as we value our customers and understand we hold your hard earnt money – we want you to have peace of mind.